As you may have noticed I don’t have any adverts on here. I will add a link to a site on the Links page but apart from that no ads. I have a: “If they come knocking at your door trying to sell you something you don’t want it” policy. Another reason being is that every other site you visit is full of them and I wanted this place to be, as much as possible, commercial free.
(Of course this will change if F&M ever becomes too popular for me to support it financially, I’ll then shill for anybody who will give me a shiny penny.)
Occasionally though I will break my own rule if is for something that I would be purchasing myself (such as Kasabian’s new album) and another instance has come up in the form of my regular (online) read The Grauniad.
Yes that’s right I open admit it, I am a Guardian reader. Deal with it.
They contacted me the other day to let me know about The Season which is a free guide that you’ll find with Monday’s (August 10th, 2009) paper:
The Season is the Guardian’s ultimate guide to the new football season and is free with the paper on Monday 10 August. As well as providing you with essential team-by-team information, the Season, also offers readers some off-the-wall and interesting critiques on the football league’s top teams. This all comes in a handy guide size, small enough to take to the terraces, but large enough to satisfy your appetite for endless stats and rumours.
Manchester United without Ronaldo
- Manchester City’s prospects after spending almost £100m in the summer
- Rafael Benitez, Liverpool’s history and their need for the title
- Foreign players’ experiences in England focusing on Wigan’s Roberto Martinez
- World Cup qualifying clips and great World Cup clichés
- Newcastle’s chances of getting out of a tough Championship
- Carlo Ancelotti’s Twitter page
- The Michael Owen-style brochures you might have missed
- The possible shift in power from the Premier League to La Liga
- ESPN and the BBC’s involvement in showing live football
- A funny look at the new and very complicated Europa League
- Uefa’s experiment with five referees per match
Premier League team-by-team guide and previews of the Championship/League One/League Two and the Scottish Premier League
So as the Fiver sez, form an orderly queue there on Monday morning.
If I wasn’t a British Expat now living in the USA, I would be joining you in that queue.
So I asked if I could be sent a sample and they were good enough to email something over – Which I’m letting you have a sneak peek. I know there are many other expatriated fitba fans who visit F&M and I’m sure that they would want to have a look as well:
» Download the PDF file here (2.4MB)
AC Jimbo and chums are back in the studio and have done their first warm up
match podcast in which they discuss the upcoming season.
I’ve mirrored it here – for a limited time (the file is 45megs !) and you can listen or download below:
» Guardian Football Weekly Podcast – Season Preview