I get loads of emails from PR agencies but none of them seem to bother to check what this place is about (which I’ve made even more bleedin’ obvious with the header image above), but one person actually did and for that – plus the fact that there is an actually football & music connection here – I’m going to post their message.
MySpace Music Global Album Exclusive – Kasabian, ‘West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum’
MySpace is excited to announce the global exclusive premiere of Kasabian’s new album West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum. From Monday 1st June, you can stream the entire album for free at www.myspace.com/kasabian – a whole week before it is available on general release on 8th June.
West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is the hotly anticipated third album from the band and the follow-up to 2006’s no1 album Empire, which has sold over a million copies to date.
To celebrate the exclusive launch of the album on MySpace Music, we’ve pulled together our top five facts about Kasabian. Think you know everything about the band? Think again:
1. Kasabian have more MySpace friends than any other band from Leicester – 112176. There are also musicians from Leicester in The Holloways and The Fun Lovin Criminals
2. Kasabian is one of the biggest bands which have played on the MySpace bus. They hopped aboard at The Camden Crawl in April this year
3. You might find yourself listening to Kasabian when you don’t even plan to; their music has appeared on The OC, Match Of The Day 2, Sky Sports and on the soundtracks to computer games including Gran Turismo 4, Pro Soccer 5 and Tony Hawk’s Project 8
4. According to Historytohistory.org, the ‘West Riding Pauper Lunatic Asylum’ was located in the village of Stanley, on the outskirts of Wakefield
5. Kasabian once played a gig at Leicester’s local working men’s club to commiserate with fans after their beloved Leicester City were relegated from the Premiership
6. One of Kasabian’s biggest fans is Brazil football super-star KAKA
Kasabian is the latest of many established bands and artists that are turning to MySpace for exclusive early album and video premieres. MySpace has also hosted an array of exclusive album premieres from artists including Coldplay, Oasis, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode and Madonna. If you want more information about Kasabian or to stream the album in its entirety, visit the band’s official MySpace profile at: www.myspace.com/kasabian
I never knew that one about Kaka liking them. Learn something new every day.
I know you are expecting some music now, so here is a track from the above mentioned new long player. Chosen because of a tenuous connection to footieandmusic. Well… at least with the title…